cobas® CT/NG v2.0 Test4
Performance validated for recommended populations and specimen types with the
VENUS ( Vaginal, Endocervical and Urine Screening) clinical study.
Designed to deliver accurate results
- Dual-probe, single-tube multiplex assay design with automatic internal control
- Dual-target design to detect all major CT/NG strains, ensuring true positive results
- Built-in internal control validates a negative result
- Built-in contamination control to minimize the risk of false positive result
Supports CDC recommendation for testing with a wide range of specimen types
(consult with your laboratory)5
- Vaginal swabs specimens (provider-collected or self-collected)
- Endocervical swab specimens
- Urine specimens (male and female)
- Liquid-based cytology specimens
Offers robust clinical validation: VENUS clinical study
- Validated in low- and high-prevalence populations
- Validation included pregnant women
The cobas® CT/NG v2.0 Test has been evaluated in pregnant women, which remains a critical screening population according to the 2015 CDC Screening Recommendations.
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases Surveillance 2014. CDC Division of STD Prevention. December 2014.
- The State of Health Care Quality 2015, HEDIS Measure of care.
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases Treatment Guidelines, 2015. CDC. June 5, 2015.
- cobas® CT/NG v2.0 Test [package insert]. Indianapolis, IN. Roche Diagnostics; 2015.
- Recommendation for the laboratory-based detection of Chlamydia trachomatis and Neisseria gonorrhoeae, 2014. MMWR. 2014;63(2).